Friday, April 24, 2009

Drum roll please...

We are excited to announce that Jacob is officially crawling.  He has been working on this for a few weeks and there were a few times I was tempted to call what he was doing crawling, but today it is official...he can crawl.  (For all of those skeptics out there...see the video as proof.)  

Now I know that all you experienced moms out there are laughing at me...I know that I will enjoy this moment of joy for only a second before I realize the added work that goes into a crawling baby!  :0  So let me have my moment and next week I can cry because I am chasing him everywhere and have to baby proof my house.  

Emily, notice the "Go Wonder Pets" book!  HA!

6 comments:

buscher3 said...

Yay Jacob! And whoa, Mama, look out! It's different, but not too bad. It's really a fun stage b/c you can start to introduce games like hide and seek and chase. The hardest part believe it or not isn't that you have to chase them everywhere, it's that this is where you have to begin discipline and teaching boundaries. You'll say the word no more times in the next several months than you ever thought possible. :-) We started lightly swatting the hand when Zoe started crawling b/c she wanted to crawl to everything and check it out. And trust me, they understand a lot more than they lead on.

Team Chamness said...

Go Jacob GO!!! (probably a good thing he can get around a little quicker...what with all the cute girls a chasin' him :)

Jill said...

Woo Hoo!!!! We knew he had it in him all along. So many fun times to come.....

papa said...

That is MY grandson - what a boy!!!

Unknown said...

I cannot believe he's crawling!! And I knew he'd have his mom's sense of humor! That book is pure awesomeness--who doesn't love a squirrel dressed as pilot??? I cannot wait to see him this summer!!!

Tina said...

Awww! How cute!!! makes me sad that he's CRAWLING already & I haven't even gotten to HOLD him!!! Way to go jake!!!