Sunday, April 4, 2010

It begins NOW

Friday night I went out with some friends and we began talking about how we hate ourselves on some level. Most women I know tend to do this...we are never pretty enough or skinny enough, etc. Why do we do this to oursleves? As for the women I was with on Friday night...we all resolved it was part of our upbringing and how we have learned to view ourselves, but we want to know HOW we undo these thoughts/things...how do we begin to unwire these thoughts. All I can conclude is that it BEGINS NOW! This thought came after I began looking at the pictures of myself from Easter with my son. I started hating on myself and thinking how horrible that I look. And suddenly all I could think was...IT BEGINS NOW!!! STOP, STOP, STOP!!!! Don't I have something more to offer then just how I look? Don't I have a soul that is worth getting to know? I am worth something and bring something to the table so if my hair looks bad and my face looks fat does it REALLY MATTER???? NO IT DOESN'T MATTER! Today I have won the battle...tomorrow is a new day...we shall see...can I really unwire all this mess in my mind?

4 comments:

Amber said...

Amen sister.
Now post those pictures of you and your handsome son!

Shawna said...

I agree, we are too hard on ourselves! And you are truly beautiful, inside and out. I think I am that way alot because of always wanting to be perfect and never measuring up (duh). Working on my blog has helped since the title reminds me everytime I see it that perfection is my enemy!

jwillie76 said...

As my chiropractor told me recently, "You are perfect just the way you are and don't let anyone tell you differently." It saddens me that you feel this way. I hope you realize you are perfect, and one with the perfection of God and divine love that emanates and permeates throughout everything. Just be!

Alison said...

Amen! I have a hard time with this too, and I've recently realized that it's a choice...my choice...to believe what I want to about myself.